- Frequency: Every day at 05:00am
- Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
- Interests: Visit the snowy of Salkantay, communities along the route, Cocalmayo thermal baths and the most important archaeological complex of Machu Picchu. Full camp and besides enjoying the abundant vegetation throughout a route.
Development of the program:
Day 1: Pick up from hotel early morning in our private transportation, then will travel a few hours to the place called Mollepata. Here we have a rich breakfast before starting our hike. This first day is very quiet and relaxing, as the route is simple and has a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains. The camp where we will stay for the night is called Soraypampa, which is located 3850masl. Breakfast / lunch / dinner included.
Day 2: After a hearty breakfast, we begin our hardest day’s climb to 4,600masl. We walk the side of the Salkantay, we will stop at the highest point to rest an then we will descend to the place known as Chaullay we spend the night in the camp. Breakfast, lunch, dinner included. This day we will walk between 7-8 hrs and is the hardest on the route.
Day 3: Today we walk for about 8 to 9 hours, is the longest day but not hard. This day we will walk in a tropical climate and we will enjoy of abundant vegetation for all the way, we will go to the hot spring of cocalmayo and enjoy the end of the day. Overnight in santa teresa. Breakfast, lunch, dinner included.
Day 4: Breakfast. Here we start a quiet trek along the Vilcanota river, and also over the railroad tracks to get to Aguas Calientes, this day is quiet if the weather favors us, because in this area gets pretty hot. We arrived to Aguas Calientes for staying at the hotel and rest. In the evening a talk on our last day to visit Machu Picchu.
Day 5: Breakfast in the morning, then we will walk for an hour to climb till the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu, you will visit this place for a few hours with the guide and the group. Finally you will have free time to explore other areas, take picture, and relax. In the afternoon we descend to Aguas Calientes and finally return by train to the city of Cusco. Breakfast included.
Our service includes:
- Briefing with the guide the night before the trip
- Private transportation from Cusco tourism at the beginning of the road in Mollepata
- Professional guide
- All meals according to program
- Complete camping equipment spacious double tents
- Sleeping Mats
- Horses for carry camping and food equipment.
- 5 kl free of charge
- 01 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
- Sleeping bag
- First breakfast and last lunch
- Bus up and down to Machupicchu
- Extra drinks
- Tips (carrier, cook, guide)
- Train ticket from hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes.
What to bring:
- Rain poncho
- Small backpack for personal items
- Comfortable clothing for the walk
- Hiking shoes
- Extra money
- Sleeping bag minus 5 degrees ($ 5 per day)
- Sleeping bag pen least 10 degrees ($ 7.00 per day)
- Aluminum walking sticks ($ 3.00 per day) each
- Inflatable mattresses ($ 10.00 per day)
- Packhorse or additional seat ($ 80.00 for 4 days on the road)
|$ 30||$ 31||$ 32||$ 33||$ 34|
|$ 30||$ 31||$ 32||$ 33||$ 34|
We will send all the necessary details for your reservation. Check your mail in a spam box, if you have not received a response within 24hrs, sometimes the emails arrive as SPAM